Nitrogen in tires is becoming a very popular replacement for air, and for good reason. With proper inflation procedures and adequate purity nitrogen can provide amazing benefits. Converting to nitrogen in tires can improve your fuel economy by up to 10% and increase your tire life by 30% or more while dramatically increasing the safety of your vehicle.
High purity nitrogen has been used for decades in Nascar, Formula One, the Tour de France, the US Military and many other applications where safety and economy are paramount concerns. Only the high cost and complexities of generating and properly administering nitrogen have kept it out of reach of the general public. Recent advances in nitrogen production technology have now made nitrogen inflation economically viable for the automotive service industry - and NitroFill has lead the way by providing a refined nitrogen product of incomparable purity. Our nitrogen generators have set the standard worldwide and are used by Fortune 500 companies, governmental organizations and military installations around the globe.
In fact, NitroFill was selected, and remains, the sole nitrogen tire inflation product used in our nation's fleet of B2 bombers.
Nitrogen vs Oxygen in Tires
Oxygen leaks out of tires faster. Nitrogen maintains tire pressure longer than oxygen. The oxygen molecules in compressed air are smaller and leak out three to four times faster. NitroFill generators filter the air we breathe through technically advanced membrane fibers to separate it from oxygen and water vapor.
Nitrogen is no longer prohibitively expensive to produce.
- In the past, equipment to produce nitrogen was large and expensive
- Using the latest Pneumatech technology, NitroFill generators produce nitrogen from the air we breathe using compressed air.
- NitroFill generators are simple to install, safe and cost effective.
The Benefit of Nitrogen in Tires
- In 7 million miles of truck tire testing, nitrogen inflated tires lasted longer.
- Tire failures were reduced by 50%
- Tread life was increased by 25-30%
Nitrogen in Tires:
- Improves steering
- Improves handling
- Improves braking
- Reduces chance of tire failure
Saves Time, Money, and Tires
Nitrogen in Tires:
- Dramatically slows pressure loss from permeation
- Improves fuel economy
- Reduces tire oxidation
- Eliminates interior wheel corrosion
- Reduces running temperatures
- Decreases false alarms and activation of Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems